Is Lamar a lock for the Heisman?
Louisville is having a banner football season. As of today, they sit at No. 6 in the college football rankings.
ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) indicates that Louisville has a 78.6% chance of winning their last three games. However, they lack any marquee games on their remaining schedule to further bolster their case to make the playoffs. Furthermore, they have a slim chance to make the ACC title game.
The reality is that Louisville has a paper-thin argument when compared to other powerhouse football schools. Sorry Louisville fans but that is the truth.
Now here is the good news. Your superstar QB Lamar Jackson is still the favorite right now to win the Heisman Trophy. Jackson is having an unbelievable season. He is on pace for 65 Touchdowns with 5,682 passing yards. Those are insane numbers! Keep in mind that Louisville will most likely only play 13 games this season, whereas other Quarterbacks will play 14 or 15 games.
In the Heisman race, Jackson is beating other notable players including Jake Browning (QB) Washington, Deshaun Watson (QB) Clemson, Baker Mayfield (QB) Oklahoma and J.T. Barrett (QB) Ohio State.
Louisville may not make the College Football Playoffs but they should be very proud of what their QB Lamar Jackson has been able to accomplish. Will the Heisman be next?
- Football Player Radar: Matt Johns (QB) Virginia
- Football Player Radar: Andre Patton (WR) Rutgers
- Football Player Radar: Anthony Burch (DT) Free Agent
- Football Player Radar: Chris Barrett (QB) Ursinus College
- Get Ready for the Cheltenham Festival 2017
- Atlanta Falcons Pick Wrong Jersey Color for Super Bowl
- Football Player Radar: John Lamour CB) Mayville State University
- Football Player Radar: Michael Reives (S) Averett University
- The Season For Underdogs [VIDEO]
- Joachim Holmstoel Talks About His Dream of Competing in the Rolex 24 Race