Benching Hoyer the mistake or playing Mallett?
It is not unusual for a quarterback to be benched after playing poorly, but typically after a few games. Houston Texans head coach Bill O’ Brien did it to Brian Hoyer after just a single bad game in Week One.
He has now admitted to the team that it was a mistake.
During last week’s meeting with the players he told the team that he should not have benched Hoyer after just one bad start.
Ryan Mallett was eventually benched and cut from the team. Since regaining the job three weeks ago the Hoyer-led Texans are 2-1.
- Football Player Radar: Matt Johns (QB) Virginia
- Football Player Radar: Andre Patton (WR) Rutgers
- Football Player Radar: Anthony Burch (DT) Free Agent
- Football Player Radar: Chris Barrett (QB) Ursinus College
- Get Ready for the Cheltenham Festival 2017
- Atlanta Falcons Pick Wrong Jersey Color for Super Bowl
- Football Player Radar: John Lamour CB) Mayville State University
- Football Player Radar: Michael Reives (S) Averett University
- The Season For Underdogs [VIDEO]
- Joachim Holmstoel Talks About His Dream of Competing in the Rolex 24 Race