A good nnickname is hard to find/ditch.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Doug Martin has made it no secret that he does not like his nickname, the ‘Muscle Hamster.’ He has asked that it be ditched for the ‘Dougernaut,’ but chances are no matter how bad he wants that one the Muscle Hamster is not going to go away.
The friend that gave it to him, Jarrell Root, doesn’t think it can be taken back at this point:
"I don't think you can ever take back something like that," Root said. "Imagine if 'The Fridge' didn't like being called 'The Fridge.' It doesn't matter. He's still going to be called 'The Fridge,' because no matter how you try to do it, if you have an interesting, interesting name, it's too rare. The damage is already done."
- Football Player Radar: Matt Johns (QB) Virginia
- Football Player Radar: Andre Patton (WR) Rutgers
- Football Player Radar: Anthony Burch (DT) Free Agent
- Football Player Radar: Chris Barrett (QB) Ursinus College
- Get Ready for the Cheltenham Festival 2017
- Atlanta Falcons Pick Wrong Jersey Color for Super Bowl
- Football Player Radar: John Lamour CB) Mayville State University
- Football Player Radar: Michael Reives (S) Averett University
- The Season For Underdogs [VIDEO]
- Joachim Holmstoel Talks About His Dream of Competing in the Rolex 24 Race