If there is no one else...
The New York Jets surprised people by naming Geno Smith the starting quarterback heading in to training camp. However, the announcement should come as no surprise. There is no way the team would name rookie Bryce Petty the starter and newly acquired journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick is not healthy enough to practice yet.
So in essence, there is no one they could name the starter heading in to training camp other than Geno. Now, whether he leaves training camp with the job is a whole different matter altogether.
- Football Player Radar: Matt Johns (QB) Virginia
- Football Player Radar: Andre Patton (WR) Rutgers
- Football Player Radar: Anthony Burch (DT) Free Agent
- Football Player Radar: Chris Barrett (QB) Ursinus College
- Get Ready for the Cheltenham Festival 2017
- Atlanta Falcons Pick Wrong Jersey Color for Super Bowl
- Football Player Radar: John Lamour CB) Mayville State University
- Football Player Radar: Michael Reives (S) Averett University
- The Season For Underdogs [VIDEO]
- Joachim Holmstoel Talks About His Dream of Competing in the Rolex 24 Race