The Browns have been a train wreck of a franchise for years and it does not look like it is going to change anytime soon. On Wednesday team owner Jimmy Haslem told the press that the team’s general manager Ray Farmer did indeed send text messages to the sideline during game’s last season.
When the league finishes its investigation the Browns will undoubtedly be punished for this transgression, but for some reason Haslem is standing behind Farmer anyway.
"I think Ray Farmer knows and has [privately] said that he has made a mistake in sending those texts," Haslam said in a meeting with the team's beat writers. "Ray feels terrible about it. Ray's a guy -- I've known a lot of people -- I think has utmost integrity."
- Football Player Radar: Matt Johns (QB) Virginia
- Football Player Radar: Andre Patton (WR) Rutgers
- Football Player Radar: Anthony Burch (DT) Free Agent
- Football Player Radar: Chris Barrett (QB) Ursinus College
- Get Ready for the Cheltenham Festival 2017
- Atlanta Falcons Pick Wrong Jersey Color for Super Bowl
- Football Player Radar: John Lamour CB) Mayville State University
- Football Player Radar: Michael Reives (S) Averett University
- The Season For Underdogs [VIDEO]
- Joachim Holmstoel Talks About His Dream of Competing in the Rolex 24 Race