And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft....
Thursday night the wait finally ended and the world found out what the Houston Texans were going to do with the No. 1 pick in the draft. No, they didn’t take Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles, or Teddy Bridgewater. They took former South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney.
Paired with J.J. Watt the Texans will likely have the most feared tandem in the NFL next season. Offenses will have their hands full trying to figure out how to stop both of them, and at the least will take a lot of pressure off of Watt.
However—it wasn’t the guy Watt would have picked:
Of course since Big Red had decided to go back to school he wasn’t available to be picked anyway, but maybe the Texans can make Watt happy and grab him up in next year’s draft.
- Football Player Radar: Matt Johns (QB) Virginia
- Football Player Radar: Andre Patton (WR) Rutgers
- Football Player Radar: Anthony Burch (DT) Free Agent
- Football Player Radar: Chris Barrett (QB) Ursinus College
- Get Ready for the Cheltenham Festival 2017
- Atlanta Falcons Pick Wrong Jersey Color for Super Bowl
- Football Player Radar: John Lamour CB) Mayville State University
- Football Player Radar: Michael Reives (S) Averett University
- The Season For Underdogs [VIDEO]
- Joachim Holmstoel Talks About His Dream of Competing in the Rolex 24 Race