Next time--don't answer the door!
The San Francisco 49ers have a talented quarterback in Colin Kaepernick. They know it. He knows it. Heck—the whole football loving world knows it.
But the 49ers don’t want to pay him what he’s worth—yet.
They were already reluctant because he has not even played two full seasons yet (even though they ended in the Super Bowl and NFC Championship). No, it’s because of the sexual assault investigation in Miami.
According to reports the 49ers and Kaepernick’s reps agreed to table the talks until after the investigation is complete.
The move makes total sense. Nothing would have been accomplished otherwise. The 49ers would have been unwilling to pay someone $18 million that may get arrested for a sex crime. Kaepernick is not going to lower is demands to get a deal done.
There is a lesson here kids—when you are trying to get paid $18 million to play a game stay home and play Parcheese with your mom. It’s a lot safer.
- Football Player Radar: Matt Johns (QB) Virginia
- Football Player Radar: Andre Patton (WR) Rutgers
- Football Player Radar: Anthony Burch (DT) Free Agent
- Football Player Radar: Chris Barrett (QB) Ursinus College
- Get Ready for the Cheltenham Festival 2017
- Atlanta Falcons Pick Wrong Jersey Color for Super Bowl
- Football Player Radar: John Lamour CB) Mayville State University
- Football Player Radar: Michael Reives (S) Averett University
- The Season For Underdogs [VIDEO]
- Joachim Holmstoel Talks About His Dream of Competing in the Rolex 24 Race