Andre Brown the poor man's Ben Tate?
Ben Tate leaving Houston came as no surprise, but what it meant was that the whether through free agency or the draft the team was going to have to get Arian Foster some help.
It looks like they opted for thee free agency route.
Monday the team announced that it had signed former New York Giants running back Andre Brown to a one-year deal.
Foster is one of the best in the business, but only when he’s on the field and it has become harder and harder to get him there. Tate had enough trouble picking up the slack for Foster last season, but when he became too injured to play the Houston running game all but disappeared.
In Brown the Texans get another back that has durability issues, but perhaps with him working in tandem with Foster wear and tear on both can be minimized.
- Football Player Radar: Matt Johns (QB) Virginia
- Football Player Radar: Andre Patton (WR) Rutgers
- Football Player Radar: Anthony Burch (DT) Free Agent
- Football Player Radar: Chris Barrett (QB) Ursinus College
- Get Ready for the Cheltenham Festival 2017
- Atlanta Falcons Pick Wrong Jersey Color for Super Bowl
- Football Player Radar: John Lamour CB) Mayville State University
- Football Player Radar: Michael Reives (S) Averett University
- The Season For Underdogs [VIDEO]
- Joachim Holmstoel Talks About His Dream of Competing in the Rolex 24 Race