It's all about the Benjamins.
Former Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen expected to be testing the waters when the free agency period began. If he doesn’t get an offer that he deems as ‘fair’ there is reason to believe that he might be willing to walk away from the game all together.
It’s a position that happens to many older, well-paid veterans. They simply become too expensive to hold on to no matter how well they have produced. You might think that other teams would be tripping over each other to sign him, but many of them have the same issue.
He cost too much.
Allen has stated his desire to win a championship, but many of the contenders are already pressed for room under the salary cap. He’s going to have a hard time finding someone willing to come anywhere close to the $17 million.
It sounds like it’s all going to come down to two things: (1) what does he think is fare and (2) how bad he wants a shot at a championship
- Football Player Radar: Matt Johns (QB) Virginia
- Football Player Radar: Andre Patton (WR) Rutgers
- Football Player Radar: Anthony Burch (DT) Free Agent
- Football Player Radar: Chris Barrett (QB) Ursinus College
- Get Ready for the Cheltenham Festival 2017
- Atlanta Falcons Pick Wrong Jersey Color for Super Bowl
- Football Player Radar: John Lamour CB) Mayville State University
- Football Player Radar: Michael Reives (S) Averett University
- The Season For Underdogs [VIDEO]
- Joachim Holmstoel Talks About His Dream of Competing in the Rolex 24 Race