Anyone want a really expensive island?
It looks like the Florida Keys will soon be missing an island—Revis Island that is. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are likely going to release Revis after just one season.
Last season wasn’t his best statistically, but he was working his way back from major knee surgery. At $16 million a season his services are simply way too expensive for a team that is in need of help on the offensive line, at tight end, and on the exterior of the defensive line.
The move will force new Tampa Bay head coach Lovie Smith to look for a new cornerback, but it will not cost the team anything since his contract was not guaranteed.
At 28 he is still young enough to warrant a nice payday with his new team, but the question may end up being what’s more important—another huge payday or winning a Super Bowl.
- Football Player Radar: Matt Johns (QB) Virginia
- Football Player Radar: Andre Patton (WR) Rutgers
- Football Player Radar: Anthony Burch (DT) Free Agent
- Football Player Radar: Chris Barrett (QB) Ursinus College
- Get Ready for the Cheltenham Festival 2017
- Atlanta Falcons Pick Wrong Jersey Color for Super Bowl
- Football Player Radar: John Lamour CB) Mayville State University
- Football Player Radar: Michael Reives (S) Averett University
- The Season For Underdogs [VIDEO]
- Joachim Holmstoel Talks About His Dream of Competing in the Rolex 24 Race